REMINDERS, UPDATES & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Please see below for several reminders and updates regarding upcoming activities as well as several opportunities to volunteer in support of our club.
PLAYER ANNUAL DUES (PAST DUE)
If you have not yet submitted the annual dues for your player, they are now more than three weeks overdue. Please submit the required fees ($300) as soon as possible. You can Venmo payment to @wmchsboyslax or mail a check, made payable to West Morris Central Parents Lacrosse Club to P.O. Box 328, Long Valley, New Jersey 07853.
LAST CALL TO RSVP FOR FACEOFF DINNER ON 3/30
This year’s Faceoff Dinner will take place on Thursday, 3/30 at 6:30 pm in the WMC Cafeteria. Don’t miss this fun kickoff to the season and opportunity to meet the coaches, players and families! There is no cost for players to attend; parents are $25 each.
The RSVP deadline was Sunday, 3/19 but we will accept RSVPs through tomorrow, Tuesday, 3/21:
- Email Alison Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the number of people attending (your player(s) plus up to two parents) as well as any food-related allergies or special dietary needs
- Venmo payment for the adults in your party ($25 each) to @wmchsboyslax
BOOSTER BOOK VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – AND AN INCENTIVE
Our Parent’s Club is in desperate need of two volunteers to manage our booster book fundraiser. This entails:
- Implementing a centralized process for managing the Club’s outreach to local businesses (each WMC lacrosse family will be responsible for outreach to two or more businesses)
- Drafting email communications
- Tracking receipt of ad artwork and payments and follow-up on any missing items
- Coordinating with Jen Sheppard who will be designing and producing the booster book
- Coordinating printing and distribution of the books
As an incentive for volunteering to manage this important fundraiser for our Club, we will waive this year’s annual player dues ($300) for the first two people willing to take on this role. Please contact Jim VanWoert (email@example.com) and Alison Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP if interested.
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
We are in need of volunteers for several other upcoming activities (see list below). If you are interested in helping out, please email Jim VanWoert (email@example.com) and Alison Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Faceoff Dinner, 3/30: We are in need of a few parents to help set up and assist with other tasks throughout the evening. This will require you to arrive at WMC between 4 pm-4:30 pm.
- * Cornhole Tournament, 5/21*: We are seeking several volunteers to help plan and run this event. This will entail participating in several planning calls, coordinating logistics and day-of support, and managing the event onsite on 5/21.
- End of Year Banquet, 6/13: We are seeking several volunteers to help plan and run this event. This will entail participating in several planning calls, coordinating logistics and day-of support, and managing the event onsite at Black Oak on 6/13.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR A SPECIAL SEASON OPENING GAME AND CHARITY EVENT
The first WMC Boy’s Lacrosse Varsity game of the season is set for Tuesday, 4/4 at 6 pm at WMC vs. Gill St. Bernard’s.
We are using this game as an opportunity to come together as a community to raise funds for two local charities (the Long Valley First Aid Squad and Sarah’s Fight for HOPE Foundation), and to support two local lacrosse families (the Collins and the Fullers) who are going through challenging times.
The theme for this special event is “It’s More Than a Game…It’s a Community”.
We are selling custom game t-shirts for $10 each (all proceeds will go to charity). An image of the shirt is included in this email. Contact Alison Edwards (email@example.com) if you are interested in purchasing.
We will be sharing additional details about this special game shortly; in the meantime, please mark your calendars and encourage friends and family to attend.
UPCOMING KEY DATES
3/23 First Scrimmage
3/30 Faceoff Dinner
4/4 First Game of the Season vs. Gill St. Bernard’s: “It’s More Than a Game…It’s a Community”
5/16 Senior Night (Rain Date 5/18)
5/21 Corn Hole Tournament & Pig Roast
6/13 End of Year Banquet at Black Oak
6/14 Jersey Strong Showcase
The document April_4_Charity_Game_TShirt_Design.pdf was attached to this post.