A message from Parent Club President Chris Kubik
Hello Wolfpack Families,
As you all know at this point, the official closing of school for the remainder of this year puts an official end to the chance of having a spring 2020 lacrosse season. While this decision was necessary for the health and safety of the boys, it does not make the situation less heartbreaking and disappointing. I wish there was something more we could do. I know the lack of the season raises questions and there have already been inquiries about dues and whether there would be a possible refund.
We are currently assessing the financial status of the club to determine if a refund of some kind is possible. Please keep in mind the following:
1) Most pay outs from the club are made prior to the official start of season in March (e.g. indoor time and bussing, which we used all but one session just to name one major expense).
2) Our potential earnings have been impacted due to the current situation:
- cancellation of the golf outing
- loss of $1,000 plus dollars of unpaid booster books ads
- loss of concession stand revenue for unplayed games
These events combine for a loss of $5,500 in earnings for the club, which will hurt us financially as we try to set up for next season.
Please give us some time to figure out the financial situation. We want to make sure we are set up properly for next season. We will get back to everyone regarding this matter.
The UPS store is finishing the printing of our booster book. Their hours are drastically scaled back, but they assured us that it will be done soon. We will deliver books and shooter shirts once books in hand. Look for a follow up email with a google form to get addresses.
Stay safe and well!